Increase Patient Engagement at your Clinic, Hospital or Integrated Delivery Network with Bridge’s Patient Portal Software
Bridge is one of the leading ONC-certified patient engagement vendors for health organizations seeking to improve profitability in today’s challenging healthcare market. Beyond just patient portal software, we offer a coordinated, mobile-friendly online patient communication platform that increases patient engagement as well as provides a more personal and stronger connection with your organization.
Bridge is an EHR-agnostic patient portal solution that can interface with multiple EHR and RCM systems simultaneously. Our patient portal software is extremely secure, HIPAA-compliant and ONC-certified, undergoing routine 3rd-party audits (legal, clinical, and security). Bridge can also be used to meet MACRA requirements.
Why Health Organizations and Patients Love Bridge Patient Portal Solution
- EHR-agnostic patient portal systems– works with any EHR
- Connect to multiple EHR systems simultaneously
- Attest to MIPS: meet MACRA requirements for Medicare billing with visit summaries and secure messaging
- Better medication adherence and reconciliation
- Customizable patient care plans with notifications
- Patient self-scheduling
- Online bill pay and financial management tools
- User-friendly and mobile-ready – easy to use on smartphones and tablets
Patient Portal Software
HIPAA-Compliant, ONC-Certified, and Extremely Secure
Our patient portal software meets HIPAA regulations for patient data storage and sharing, and our software undergoes regular third-party security audits. In addition to security, we also perform legal and clinical audits. We are committed to keeping your patients’ data safe.
Feature-rich Patient Portal Solution Software
Bridge offers multiple methods by which patients can sign up for a portal account.
- In-office registration: Patients can sign up at the front desk, before or after their visit.
- Self-registration: Patients can create an account on their own, at home or at work.
IDology Advanced Patient Portal Systems Identification Questions
We’ve partnered with identity verification and fraud network IDology to offer an additional layer of patient user authentication. Users will be asked to answer a few identity verifications before logging in to the portal. This feature is available as an add-on to the portal.
Bridge helps you automate the appointment scheduling process by letting patients book appointments at their own convenience. The appointment request platform is simple for patients to use, and lets them select their doctor and preferred visit time from a list of available appointment slots. Our self-scheduling enterprise patient portal allows you to implement an automated workflow that asks the questions you need answered before confirming an appointment, including prompting patients to fill out forms.
Choose between two setup configurations that determine what happens once a patient appointment request is received.
- Automated. Appointment requests are automatically scheduled once the patient clicks “submit request.”
- Semi-automated. Designate a person (or group of users) in your organization to receive appointment request notifications as soon as they are submitted. Users can review the appointment requests when it is convenient and change the status from “pending” to “scheduled” to confirm. A notification will then be sent to the patient.
Drastically reduce patient no-shows with automated, scheduled appointment reminders. Patients can choose to receive reminders via email, SMS, or both, at your preferred time interval (either 12 hours, 24 hours, or 48 hours before the appointment). You can also send patients custom reminders for special appointments, such as a reminder to fast the morning of a lab test.
Automate the refill request workflow process and save your staff hours of work each day with Bridge Prescription Refill Request feature. Using the Bridge patient portal systems, patients can request medication refills online from anywhere and at any time, without making a phone call – and office staff can respond to those requests without interruption. Our platform is reliable and easy to use, and it facilitates a process that can be time-consuming for patients, physicians, and their staff.
Patients can enter their information in the required fields, even selecting their pharmacy or entering their shipping information, and then submit the prescription request to their provider to take action. Once the refill request is submitted, notification is automatically sent to the appropriate staff member or physician through the patient portal where it can be verified and approved.
Online Bill Pay
A convenient alternative to having your billing department mail paper statements and make phone calls to patients, Bridge’s online bill pay feature allows you to get paid faster by collecting payments online. It is easy for patients to use and automates the billing process for your staff.
Payments made through our secure patient portal systems can be posted to your practice management system automatically through an easy-to-set-up interface. You can also generate dozens of useful reports. The benefits are clear and realizing a strong return on investment is easy. Bridge is an excellent solution for your online medical bill pay needs.
- Collect invoices and current balances from an RCM system
- PCI-compliant payment solutions
With secure messaging on Bridge, you and your staff will be able to send multiple types of HIPAA-compliant messages.
- Mass email: Send email messages to large groups of patients (such as all users who didn’t complete the portal registration process).
- Direct messaging: Send materials like patient health records to a fellow provider.
- Patient messaging: Meet the patient engagement objectives of Meaningful Use Stage 2 by providing a secure electronic messaging platform for patients to communicate with you. Patients get a notification via email when a new message is waiting for them. Providers can respond to incoming messages through the patient portal, or directly from their EHR using an interface. Bridge supports advanced integrations and can interface with any EHR, making it easy to maintain open lines of communication with patients.
Turn traditional, complicated treatment plans into accessible, hands-on programs for your patients using our Care Plan feature. Bridge lets you take a complex care plan and create a task list that’s simple enough for any patient to understand. Common tasks may be related to medication compliance, diet, activity, vitals tracking and more – and they can be assigned with custom timing and frequency that meets the patient’s needs.
Patients can track their adherence to their care plan and overall progress toward goal completion in the portal, and automatic reminders can be sent from the portal for any or all of their scheduled tasks. The feature also comes with pre-existing templates that physicians can modify to create custom care plans that suit their patients’ individual health needs.
Bridge also supports patient education materials, in any format – including embedded videos or links to YouTube, articles, PDFs, visual materials, and more. You’ll be able to upload helpful content to match your patients’ individual care plans.
Bridge offers three types of reporting to help track the success of your portal implementation.
- Engagement reporting with Engage+: Our Engage+ module provides a snapshot of your patients’ levels of engagement with your portal. View graphs and figures on logins, messages sent, health summaries sent, appointments requested, bills paid and more. You can even configure your Engage+ to place importance on patient actions you prioritize, and calculate an overall patient engagement score based on those priorities.
- Audit log: See raw data about patient behaviors in the portal – such as how many patients have created account, scheduled an appointment in the past month, or performed any other action.
- Meaningful use: See the number of patients who viewed and downloaded a CCD, and which patients have received a message from their provider.
Bridge offers secure medical record access that’s fully integrated with your EHR system – meaning that you and you patients are always on the same page about their health. Our medical records documentation features give your patients the tools they need to better manage their health.
- Medications: See medications prescribed, as well as order prescription refills via the portal.
- Lab results: Once uploaded to your EHR or laboratory software, lab results can be automatically uploaded to the portal for the patient to review. A notification can be configured to alert the patient when their test results are available.
- Bidirectional interfaces: Maximize your EHR with the industry’s leading EHR-agnostic patient portal systems technology. Bridge interfaces with some of the most popular electronic health record and revenue cycle management systems, including NextGen®, PrognoCIS™, AllScripts®, Greenway™, and hundreds more via the X-Link connector.
- C-CDA health summaries: Meet meaningful use by securely uploading C-CDA summary of care documents post-visit.
- Health history: Allows patients to update and manage their medical information. They can enter conditions and symptoms, note their status, and specify when each one began. They can also add past and current medications, family and social histories, and information about allergies and past immunizations.
- Immunizations: The patient can see their immunization history, as well as which immunizations are due in the future (and which are overdue). This feature is perfect for pediatricians and family medicine specialists, as it can be accessed by parents or guardians of children.
- Wellness tracker and growth chart: See health information like height, weight, BMI, and vital signs compared against CCD standards. Data is presented in an easy-to-read graph showing changes over time.
- Upload documents: Both patients and providers can upload attachments, allowing for easy sharing of medical information not entered by the physician in the EHR. For example, a patient could upload lab results from a previous physician.
Save your practice an extra step and have your patients fill out forms online. With our patient portal systems you can send intake forms, satisfaction surveys, general health assessments and more to your patients pre- or post-visit. Forms can be sent to your EHR via a bidirectional interface.
Your office can save even more time by assigning each of your patient forms to particular appointment types. If your patients need to complete a certain form before an appointment, the form will appear to the patient when they schedule an appointment within the portal. They will be required to complete the form before the appointment can be confirmed.
Auto-Population of Form Data
As an added convenience to patients, forms filled out within the portal can be auto-populated with already-recorded patient information – such as name, address, phone number, and birthdate
Let your patients participate in secure remote consultations, and join our team of patient portal vendors by generating revenue from those exchanges, using Bridge advanced eConsultation technology. Treat and communicate with a patient without being physically in the exam room, creating a convenient and time-saving healthcare experience that can result in better health outcomes and higher patient satisfaction.
Bridge offers two forms of remote communication:
- Telephone calls: The patient must select a date and time for the appointment and provide a phone number where they can be reached for the call. The provider will contact them at that time.
- Secure messaging: Communication may only be initiated by the physician or office staff, but patients can respond. All conversations stay within the confines of the portal.
When it comes to billing, our enterprise patient portal can be customized to suit your needs and preferences. You can choose to set an eConsultation rate for phone calls, or set up a pre-pay credit system for patients to use towards online consults. Your patients’ credit card information can be kept on file, and billed before or after their visit.
Bridge supports multiple types of patient notifications for both desktop computers and mobile devices. Help increase engagement and decrease patient no-shows with options like:
- Appointment reminders
- Prescription refill alerts (e.g. that the patient’s refill request was approved)
- New message
- New health summary
- New document
- Billing reminders (e.g. new invoice due)
- Push notifications via a healthcare mobile app built to connect with Bridge and your EHR and RCM systems
Allow caregivers or family members to manage your account or view your records. Bridge provides two levels of access for caregivers:
- Full access: Caregivers can manage your account on your behalf, and have complete access to all the portal’s features.
- Sharing: Share medical records without permitting the caregiver to manage your account.
- Age of majority: Support for state-specific age of majority laws. Once the child reaches the age of majority, parent or guardian access to the dependent’s portal is automatically unlinked.
- Primary and secondary caregiver access: Caregivers can be granted either full access to the child’s portal account, or read-only access.
Tasking Module for Admins
Our task module for practice or hospital admin staff helps your healthcare business handle thousands of patient requests in a day. Your staff will be able to conveniently manage, delegate, and complete incoming patient requests – including billing, appointment requests, prescription refills, and more.
EHR-Bundled Patient Portal Vendors Fall Short
DOWNLOAD THE PDF
Patient Portal Development – Custom Interface or Easy Integration with Bridge’s API
Through extensive patient portal development, Bridge is able to integrate seamlessly with a number of leading EHR and RCM systems on the market today – including NextGen®, PrognoCIS™, AllScripts®, Greenway™, and hundreds more via the X-Link connector. Even if an existing interface with your software isn’t available, we offer subsidized interfaces with select software vendors – contact us today to learn more.
Our API allows you to pull data from Bridge into other software systems that you may be using, helping your practice or hospital to run smoothly for both you and your patients.
Provide Better Care for High-Risk Patient Populations with Patient Portal Software, Bridge CCM
Bridge CCM is a standalone software solution that helps healthcare providers track medical treatments and health conditions between visits, and increase reimbursements through CPT code 99490, Medicare’s new chronic care management code.
Bridge CCM tracks the time spent on each patient, and offers a secure messaging platform through which you’ll be able to message other healthcare providers, care coaches, and your patients.
mHealth App Platform: Mobile Patient Portal Software
Bridge is a reseller of the mHealth App Platform by Medical Web Experts, which offers medium-to-large healthcare organizations a secure and scalable platform for all their online patient services. The mHealth App Platform offers hospitals and health systems a way to build their brand and increase patient engagement with multiple self-service features.
What is the Bridge Patient Portal solution?
Bridge Patient Portal is the leading 2015 ONC-certified patient portal solution for health organizations seeking to improve profitability in today’s challenging healthcare market. Beyond just patient portal software, Bridge offers a mobile-ready, patient engagement platform that increases patient engagement as well as provides a more personal and stronger connection with your organization.
Bridge is an EHR-agnostic / vendor-neutral solution that can interface with multiple EHR and RCM systems simultaneously. Bridge’s patient portal software is extremely secure, HIPAA-compliant and 2015 ONC-certified, undergoing routine 3rd-party audits (legal, clinical, and security). Bridge can be used to meet MACRA requirements.
Bridge has a full range of fully customizable features, including:
Patient Appointment Scheduling
Online Bill Pay
Automated Patient Notifications
Admin Tasking Dashboard
To learn more about Bridge Patient Portal and its features please see: Bridge Patient Portal.
Bridge is also available as a healthcare mobile app, with native support for Android and iOS.
Is there a Bridge Patient Portal app?
Yes, Bridge offers a patient portal app. The app is an extension of the patient portal and replicates the same functionality that is available in the portal. Unlike a typical patient portal mobile app, Bridge’s app is client branded, allowing hospitals and health systems a way to further build their brand. Patients would download the app in either the iOS or Android app stores.
Also, Bridge is a reseller of the Universe mHealth App Platform, which offers medium-to-large healthcare organizations a secure and scalable platform for all their online patient services. Universe is perfect for organizations looking to consolidate multiple patient engagement systems into a singular app. The platform is able
Can the patient portal application be customized?
Yes. Bridge Patient Portal is a fully customizable patient portal solution. Tell Bridge what you would like customized and Bridge can tell you if it is feasible and if there is an associated cost. In some cases, Bridge will not charge for customizations if Bridge feels that it would be beneficial for all Bridge users.
Some of the customizations Bridge frequently installs include:
- Changes to intake form templates
- Changes to registration forms
- EHR/PM software interfaces
- Self-scheduling workflows
- Proxy access rules
- Filtering/hiding health summary and lab data
- Payment gateway interfaces
- Custom homepage widgets
- Website integration
- In-portal advertising
All of Bridge’s installations are designed to meet your healthcare organization’s brand identity. You can also choose to reserve a requested portal customization for your organization’s use only. This is a common request in cases where the customization is part of a client’s “secret sauce.”
Can I request a new feature?
Yes. Please feel free to ask us about any feature that you would like to have installed. There is a good chance the patient portal development team is already developing it or has it scheduled for development.
How can I initially populate the portal with my EHR/PM software data?
To get started using Bridge Patient Portal, Bridge can help you transfer data from your EHR or PM software. Prior to importing data, patients need to have portal accounts. The easiest way to create a large number of accounts is using a CSV file, or an interface to the EHR/PM system. Once accounts are created, Bridge can import Continuity of Care Documents (CCDs) from your EHR or PM software using a common directory on your local server. Bridge’s expert team will guide you through the entire migration and/or go-live process.
Is your patient portal mobile friendly?
Yes, Bridge’s web browser-based application is mobile-friendly by using responsive design. This ensures a user-friendly experience on all devices.
Bridge also offers a client-branded healthcare mobile app solution with extensive functionality for interfaces, patient medical records, appointment scheduling, messaging, bill pay and more. To learn more about Bridge’s mobile app solution please visit: Universe mHealth
Who is responsible for patient portal hosting?
Bridge can be hosted on your own server or on one of Bridge’s, depending on your healthcare organization’s preference. If you wish to not host on Bridge’s cloud server you have these additional options:
Client self-hosted: This option allows you to host the Bridge software on your own server or on a dedicated joint-managed Bridge server. Bridge Patient Portal requires access to this server for product update services and the server must meet the company’s technical requirements. Server technical maintenance has an additional cost.
Dedicated Bridge Server: If you’d like your organization to be on a dedicated server but do not have the resources to maintain one, Bridge Patient Portal can provide joint-managed dedicated hosting with Google Cloud.