Empower patients and providers with user-friendly technology
In an industry where the term “patient engagement” is used to define everything from simple, piecemealed patient communication solutions to antiquated patient portals, Bridge is setting a new standard for patient engagement software companies. Offering a single, mobile-ready patient engagement solution for secure SMS/email/push notifications, self-scheduling, medical record access, patient-provider messaging, and bill pay. Bridge is available as a client-branded web application as well as a mobile app, available for iOS and Android. With Bridge’s fully-documented, free API, customers can easily develop their own interfaces, add-on features, and run advanced reports. Month-to-month contracting with scaled pricing, based on actual patient registration—ensures Bridge and its customer’s goals are aligned towards a highly engaged patient population.
Consolidate piecemealed patient engagement software
Deliver a better patient experience while saving money. Bridge helps healthcare organizations streamline business and improve engagement by providing an all-in-one platform capable of displacing “one-off” patient engagement solutions. The use of several, individual solutions for tasks like bill pay, self-scheduling, appointment reminders, and recall messaging is expensive to maintain and can breach patient communication preferences since these systems are unconnected. By consolidating solutions, Bridge solves these common problems:
- High licensing costs for multiple patient engagement systems
- Patients have to manage multiple logins for different patient portals, bill pay solutions, etc.
- Problems with patient registration and username/password resets
- No single “opt-in” registry for communication across multiple systems, independently sending out emails and SMS’ to patients
- High cost and effort to manage multiple interfaces or no interface being used at all
Automate patient messaging
Engage your patients before and after their clinic and hospital visits through SMS and Email messaging. Bridge allows you to easily set reminders, notifications, and drip other content with a robust set of features.
A smarter way to engage patients
Bridge is completely customizable and can seamlessly connect with multiple interfaces simultaneously, like EHR, RCM, and PM systems. The platform operates natively on any device, including mobile and offers a wide range of functionality, including:
- Personal health records (labs, medications, conditions, etc.)
- Patient/provider/staff messaging
- Appointment requests and self-scheduling
- Online bill pay
- Custom, integrated patient forms
- Prescription refill requests
- Patient self-registration
- Two-factor authentication
- SMS-based username/password resets
- Email, SMS, and mobile push notifications/reminders
- Marketing & recall messaging
- Patient engagement reporting
- Care plans
- Proxy accounts
- Chronic Care Management
- Task management
- Multiple concurrent, bi-directional EHR/RCM/PM/HIE patient portal interfaces
- Private-label branding
- Mobile-responsive design
- Multilingual support
- iOS and Android mobile apps
- Multi-tenant support (multiple facilities)
Best practices for better patient engagement
Successfully engaging patients requires a strategy and the right technology. Follow these best practices to reach your patient engagement goals.
How can a patient portal help my organization/practice?
Bridge empowers patients with self-service tools to better manage their care, increasing patient engagement, and patient loyalty. The Bridge platform enables health organizations to replace their existing EHR portals or connect disparate EHR environments, reducing costs and increasing workflow efficiencies.
Bridge is a 2015 certified patient portal; therefore, healthcare organizations can use Bridge to attest to Medicare and Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Programs (Meaningful Use). Bridge also aids healthcare organizations in providing patients electronic access to their health information which is a requirement for MACRA/MIPS. Bridge can also aid healthcare organizations in ONC’s Cures Act Final Rule compliance. In order to be compliant, organizations must provide patients secure access to their electronic medical record data through an app of their choice.
Recommended: Patient Portals and MACRA / MIPS / Meaningful Use
Must healthcare organizations purchase the entire solution?
Bridge Essential includes the following modules:
- Appointment Requests
- Self Portal Registration
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Patient Forms
- Appointment Reminders
- Broadcast & Mass Patient Messaging
- Proxy/Family/Caregiver Accounts
- Secure Patient Messaging
- Patient Surveys
- Rx Refill Request
- Lab & Radiology Results
- Medical Records
- Patient Documents
Bridge also provides several optional modules, including:
- Mobile App
- Self Scheduling
- Patient Intake
- Bill Pay
- Tasking Center
- Zoom® Video Visit Integration
- Healthwise® Patient Education Integration
Learn how Bridge’s full patient engagement suite is priced here.
Does Bridge offer video e-consultations for telehealth as part of its patient portal solution?
Bridge offers a telehealth solution that leverages Zoom® for Healthcare. The virtual visits solution easily connects with healthcare organization’s existing digital tools and connects disparate touchpoints along the patient journey—providing patients with a seamless experience and improving patient satisfaction.
How It Works:
- Patients can request a video e-consultation by selecting the provider, date, and type of appointment.
- Zoom creates a unique video visit room code for that appointment.
- An email confirmation plus notification reminders are triggered at preset intervals before the appointment.
- The patient receives a secure notification with a link to the portal that allows them to securely join the Zoom meeting.
Does Bridge offer medical web design services?
Yes. In partnership with Medical Web Experts (www.medicalwebexperts.com), Bridge offers a wide range of healthcare website design and healthcare marketing services, ensuring maximum engagement across the patient population. Their services are complementary to those offered by Bridge, helping Bridge customers build microservices-based on Bridge’s API technology.
Medical Web Experts have over fifteen years of experience in medical web design and app development for the healthcare industry, working with some of healthcare’s largest health systems.
Can the patient portal application be customized?
Yes. Bridge is a fully customizable patient portal solution. If a customized feature is required, Bridge assesses whether it is feasible and if there is an associated cost. In some cases, Bridge will not charge for customizations if Bridge feels that it would be beneficial for all Bridge users.
Custom patient portal features:
- Changes to intake form templates
- EHR/PM software interfaces
- Custom Patient Appointment Self Scheduling Workflows
- Filtering/hiding sensitive health summary and lab data
- Payment Gateway Integrations for Patient Bill Pay
- Custom homepage widgets
- API-driven microservices for client websites
- In-portal advertising
- Custom one-stop new patient registration and appointment scheduling forms
All of Bridge’s installations are designed to conform to the healthcare organization’s brand identity. Healthcare organizations can also choose to reserve requested portal customization for the organization’s use only. This is a common request in cases where the customization is part of a client’s “secret sauce.”
How is pricing calculated?
How is Bridge different from other patient engagement solution vendors?
Bridge is uniquely positioned to deliver to healthcare organizations an exceptional patient engagement platform thanks to its complete rewrite of the software between versions 2 and 3.
What sets Bridge apart from other competitors:
- Utilization of the latest technologies, such as Angular and Node.js, which allows for a single codebase for web and mobile, and the publishing of iOS and Android apps.
- Ability to navigate interface challenges with EHR/RCM vendors, having successfully interfaced with 15+ EHR/RCM solutions.
- Experience completing many complex projects. Bridge enters a project with confidence and is comfortable setting budget limits, preventing budget overrun.
- Focus on the ever-growing needs of medium-to-large-sized healthcare businesses.
- Advanced expertise in the healthcare regulatory landscape (i.e., HIPAA, ADA, CCPA). For example, Bridge has undergone a United Healthcare new vendor audit.
- Expertise in healthcare interface technology (i.e., HL7, FHIR, CCD, direct database).
- Extensive experience in providing patient portals and apps, with in-depth knowledge of the age of majority law, acceptable management of proxy accounts, conditional presentation of sensitive information, and the complexities associated with parent/guardian/caregiver access.
As the healthcare industry grows in complexity, it’s crucial to have a partner to optimize communication and interoperability between systems. Through high R&D spending (50% of expenses), Bridge has been able to thrive in the ever-changing, disorganized healthcare market. Meanwhile, vendors are struggling to keep up with customer needs and have significantly higher operating costs, high customer acquisition costs, and obsolete software platforms.
What’s Bridge’s cancellation policy?
Though this is contract-specific, Bridge typically requires a 12-month commitment. Implementations that do not require any significant level of integration customization may see different, often shorter, term lengths.